Thursday 14 January 2010

The noble art of blogging

In a sort of 'High Fidelity' style surge of inspiration to start yet another blog, I felt compelled to dedicate this little corner of the internet (I have quite a few now) to compiling lists and opinions on random, probably unnecessary topics. I was just about ready to give up the blogging life altogether after my last failure, however I realised that this is something I don't have to update every day, and while of course I'll attempt some regular updates, I'm not sure I can guarentee this won't go the same way as all my other endevours. So to kick things off, here's my  

Top 5 Utter failures of blog attempts.


5. My most recent attempt at a regular blog, 'Something of an End' came around as a task i had set myself to find, listen to, and review a new band every day for however long it took till I slit my wrists. And actually, I didn't do too badly. Whilst only 28 posts may seem a little on the low side, keep in mind i was doing this every single day. It's a wonder I didn't have some kind of mental breakdown. I'm also rather proud of this one because it did lead me to finding some truly excellent new music, and that's always a plus.

4. 'Get Lucky' was my second blog, which really acted as a typical teenage space to rant and moan. Lasting from september '08 to febuary '09 with vaguely regular updates, it didn't do too badly. In fact the only reason I stopped posting was because no one was reading it. Makes me wonder if this one'll do any better but we'll see. Oh and i fucking love Livejournal because of those icons next to every post. I miss them.

3. During the months i was away in France last year, I intended to create a blog that my family and friends could see, documenting my time spent out in the Alps and everything I had got up to. Sounds good on paper, but once I was actually out there, I realised I didn't have the time, energy, or sufficient internet access to keep it going. I've actually deleted it now so no link for you guys, but I had only made two posts in it anyway.

2. Another one I deleted (yeah I decided to clear my life of blogs a while back) this was something i was pursuaded to start by a friend and again was music themed. Every so often I would update detailing new music I downloaded, or musical news I found to be interesting. I'm not actually sure why I stopped posting in this one, I guess I must have had a musical lull or something that kept me from getting new material to post. But anyway that ended just before I decided to start 'Something of an End'

1. And we come to number one, and what was surely the most ridiculous attempt at a blog in the history of, well, ever. I made one post saying how I was gonna try really hard to update regularly, then literally a few days later (and 0 new posts) I forgot my password. Brilliant ending to a brilliant blog story, I say.


So here's to this new addition to my ridiculous blogging collection, and let's pray that I get more readers, followers, friends etc. who will actually read this and I may even last longer than a couple of months. Let's go.

0 comments: